CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday 13 February 2008

My Trip.... To Nowhere - Chapter Twelve

It was very dark, and we were all holding hands as so not to get lost. I held on to Nicky’s as she was in between me and Josh, with me leading the way. My other arm was waving blindly in front of me in case of obstacles. We were all so quiet. As time passed I began getting confident in walking in the dark. My hand finally touched something flat and smooth in front of me. I assumed it was a wall. I felt it, and followed it to the right. All this was happening so slowly… so long have we been trying to escape, and yet it seems as if we’ve met a few minutes ago. I felt a bump on the wall. I felt it. A switch! Could it be a light switch? I stopped walking, and felt Josh collide with Nicky, who bumped into me.

“Sorry.” I whispered, turning my head around, although I couldn’t see them.

“What is it? What did you find?” Nicky whispered. I could feel her breath on my cheek.

“I found a switch. Do you reckon it's a light switch?”

“We could try it.” She replied.

“But we’ve gotten this far, what if it raises an alarm or something?”

“Go for it.” Nicky squeezed my hand gently, and I slowly reached up for the switch with my other hand.

*


“You irritating lot are beginning to wear my patience.” A cold voice said.

Rio spat out from behind the bars, “They will get away. They will be free. And then… they will warn the police about you… and you others, and whoever is behind this.”

“In your dreams… my dear Rio.”

Rio looked up in disgust at the person who spoke.

“Who is behind this?” Rio demanded.

His Other-Half merely smiled coldly at him. Then his gaze shifted to look at the two limp figures on the floor behind Rio – Richard and Allison.

“It’s for me to know… and for you to find out.” He smiled coldly and irritatingly at Rio, and turned to walk away. “Oh… and…” He turned back to look at Rio. “…I will find your friend Tom, and his two companions, and I will lure them back to the dungeons, you mark my words.” He hissed, and turned sharply and walked away.



TO BE CONTINUED…

4 Readers on the hill:

east43street said...

So Rio betrayed his friends? I am confused.

Da Winged Acrophobic said...

Jeng, jeng, jeng. The twist is here!

Redhead said...

east43street...

... ah, but is Rio really Rio?

da winged acrophobic...

... hehe.. the good part has yet to come.. =P

Da Winged Acrophobic said...

Had a look at your old blog when before I first came here. That was what convinced me of 15. ;)