CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday 27 February 2008

My Trip To Nowhere... Chapter Fifteen

I heard Nicky gasp in astonishment. Josh was gaping at Rio’s Other-Half. I kept my gaze locked on Rio. I didn’t realize how hard my fists were clenched until now.

“But… but Rio wouldn’t let himself get caught… it's impossible.” Nicky spluttered.

Rio’s Other-Half merely smiled. Then it dawned to me. No, Rio couldn’t have… “What have you done to him?” I demanded again, this time more threateningly, stepping closer. My hands were shaking slightly. No way could they have…

“No…” Nicky said, as she understood what I was trying to find out. “You… didn’t?”

Rio’s Other-Half looked straight into Nicky’s eyes and said quietly, “Rio… isn’t here anymore.”

It was like as if I had been punched in the face. A cold feeling of sickness rushed through me. I had only known Rio for a few hours… I stood limply, taking it in. Josh looked stunned. But Nicky - looked furious. I turned my head to glance at her, but as I did, she pushed pass me and flew a punch at Rio’s Other-Half’s face. He must have not been expecting it, for he did not duck in time. Nicky’s fist struck his cheek hard and he staggered back in shock. I gaped at Nicky. Nicky made to move towards Rio’s Other-Half, but I was too quick. I took hold of her waist and tried to pull her away. She was so tensed and her hair brushed against my face as she struggled to make me let go of her. I was surprised how strong she was. I felt her slowly slipping out of my grip as she struggled, yelling, “You bastards! You can't have killed him! You can't have killed Rio!” I put my arms around her waist, and firmly but gently pulled her away. I felt her body relax slightly. Once I was sure she wasn’t going to hit Rio’s Other Half-Again, I loosened my grip.

I glanced at Nicky’s face. Her eyes were narrowed and bright, brimming with tears of rage and aggravation, glaring at Rio’s Other-Half. Her lips were shaped in a snarling manner, her bottom lip was quivering slightly in fury, and she was shaking. I put a hand on her shoulder to soothe her. I looked up at Rio’s Other-Half to see him and Allison and Richard standing together, looking furious. I suddenly felt afraid. If they had killed Rio… then they will have no objection in doing the same to us.

“So…” Rio’s Other-Half hissed. I noticed his right cheek was scarlet. He took a slightly unsteady step forwards. “You will not come with us, then.”

I also took a step forwards. I did not know what else we can do to escape, but I knew that we still had to carry on trying – there was no giving up. So then, I said in a low voice, “No.”

“So be it.” he snarled, and in a quick motion he flung his fist to my face and I felt a hard blow on the side of my head, and cried out, as I staggered backwards, to the wall, head throbbing. I heard Nicky scream, and I tried to look up as stars began to pop out of nowhere. I saw his outlined figure coming towards me, fists still raised. I ducked, and I heard a crunch, as his fist made contact to the wall behind me. I made my way unsteadily to Josh. I felt someone put an arm around me, and tried to see who it was. I recognized Nicky’s touch. I blinked rapidly, and pulled away. I realized that Richard and Allison were crowding around us. I turned to see Rio’s Other-Half, standing with a bloody fist, looking at me with murderous eyes.




TO BE CONTINUED…

2 Readers on the hill:

Da Winged Acrophobic said...

Violent scene coming. Don't blink?

Da Winged Acrophobic said...

Is this series affected by the Hollywood writers' strike as well?