CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday 6 February 2008

My Trip.... To Nowhere - Chapter Nine

“Just let him move to my cell, you dumb-ass.”

I looked up at Rio, who spoke, and the guard turned to him.

“‘Oo, me?”

“Yer, you.” Rio replied, also in the same accent as the guard.

“Bu’ why?”

“Cuz I sed so.”

“Cuz you sed so?”

“Yer, cuz I sed so.” Rio replied. He caught my eye, and I tried not to smile.

“O’” replied the guard.

“So you got a problem wiv dat?” Rio asked.

“No… it just dat -”

“Dat wha’?”

“Nufin.” The guard said uncomfortably.

“Gud. So move ‘im ‘ere.”

“Aye, dat I will do.”

I watched in amazement as the guard took some keys out of his pocket, and unlocked my door. I had nearly forgotten what I was meant to do, until I glanced up to grin at Nicky. She looked at me with urging eyes, and pointed at the guard. At once I remembered everything. Once the door swung open, and the guard stepped back to let me out, I turned to him. He looked up at me as my right fist was raised.
“Ay, wha’ are ye –”

DOOSH!

I swung my fist right across his head, and he staggered back to Rio’s cell, but he still clung onto his keys.

“Wha’ ye did dat for –”

I knocked him again, and this time he slumped to the ground, weak and presumably knocked out. I bent down to pick up the keys he dropped.

There were four keys attached to one ring. I picked one at random and fitted it into the lock of Rio’s cell door. He was on the other side of the door, smiling slightly.

“Good one, Tom.”

I looked up while turning the lock over. “Not a problem.” I grinned back.

I stood back and swung their door open. Rio and everyone else poured out. All had an excited and relieved expression – apart from Rio who looked calm.

I felt a hand on my arm, and turned around. But before I could do so properly to see who it was, a voice breathed close to my left ear,

“You did really well.”

I glanced around and saw Nicky, smiling.

“Right… so this… stupid guard…” I heard Rio say, and turned to look. Others were crowded around the guard who was at Rio’s feet.

“We could put him in there,” A boy I remembered was Richard said, pointing to their old cell.

Rio grabbed the guard from under the armpits and dragged him into the cell. Then he locked the cell door, leaving the guard a prisoner.

“Lets see how you like it…” Rio muttered, and slipped the keys into his pocket.

“Right.” He turned to all of us, with a slight smile on his face. “Follow me…”



TO BE CONTINUED…

3 Readers on the hill:

Da Winged Acrophobic said...

Now where would these escapees run to? And before I forget, I'm a Rooster, too. That makes me 24 years older than you! You're only 15?!?! Great writing for someone that young.

second generation. said...

finally the guard got ko..well done...

Anonymous said...

nyc one... i randomly stumbled across your page looking for a picture of a redhead. and i agree, gr8 writing for a fifteen year old:)